(Australian and New Zealand Social Work and Welfare Education and Research)
ANZSWWER was previously known as the Australian Association for Social Work and Welfare Education (AASWWE).
ANZSWWER, an independent commentator on social work and welfare education, encourages membership from social work and welfare educators, field supervisors, practitioners and students in Australia and New Zealand. Together we work towards sustainable, quality and world class social work and welfare education through networking, national and international relationships, our journal, annual symposium and the recognition of achievements in the field.
The Activities of ANZSWWER
To enhance the quality of social work, welfare work and community development as a contribution to the well being of the Australian community by:
- Discussing common educational issues and interests, including the purposes, content and processes of social work, welfare work and community development education in Australia
- Promoting the scholarly pursuit of teaching and research in schools and departments of social work, welfare work and community development education
- Promoting and supporting social work, welfare work and community development education and related interests throughout the Australian community
- The maintenance of close relationships between the tertiary institutions and the social work, welfare work and community development industry labour workforce
- The collection and publication of information about the functions and needs of tertiary social work, welfare works and community development courses
- Engaging in such other activities as may be appropriate to further the aims of the Association.
ANZSWWER holds its annual general meeting between September and November every year. Members are encouraged to participate in person, by telephone or by proxy. To facilitate in-person participation, ANZSWWER now holds the AGM during the annual symposium. Please see our constitution for more information.
The Benefits of ANZSWWER Membership
- Be part of a national and international community of educators, supervisors, practitioners and students who are committed to quality teaching and learning in the fields of social work, welfare work, and community development
- Open access to Advances in Social Work and Welfare Education, the journal of ANZSWWER
- Be eligible for ANZSWWER awards.
- Special events such professional development workshops e.g. writing for publication and international speakers such as Jan Fook
- Discounts for international and national conferences.
ANZSWWER relies on the support of institutional and individual memberships to publish the journal, hold annual symposiums, grant awards and ensure an independent voice in education. We cannot do it without you. Be part of this growing group of progressive colleagues who work together to tackle the issues and interests of social work and social welfare. Join today.
For more information
Please send any general or membership inquiries to email@example.com
Contact the President of ANZSWWER, Sharlene Nipperess by email, firstname.lastname@example.org