Welcome to ANZSWWER
(Australian and New Zealand Social Work and Welfare Education and Research)
ANZSWWER was previously known as the Australian Association for Social Work and Welfare Education (AASWWE).
ANZSWWER, an independent commentator on social work and welfare education, encourages membership from social work and welfare educators, field supervisors, practitioners and students in Australia and New Zealand. Together we work towards sustainable, quality and world class social work and welfare education through networking, national and international relationships, our journal, annual symposium and the recognition of achievements in the field.
The Activities of ANZSWWER
- Promoting the scholarly pursuit of teaching, learning and research in social work and social welfare
- Promoting and participating in structures and processes concerned with the accreditation of programs of social work and welfare education
- Promoting and supporting social work and welfare education and related interests throughout the Australian community
- Co-operating internationally with similar bodies in the pursuit of common goals and interests
- Maintaining collaborative relations with tertiary institutions, the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) and the Australian Community Workers Association (ACWA).
ANZSWWER holds its annual general meeting between September and November every year. Members are encouraged to participate in person, by telephone or by proxy. To facilitate in-person participation, ANZSWWER now holds the AGM during the annual symposium. Please see our constitution for more information.
The Benefits of ANZSWWER Membership
- Be part of a national and international community of educators, supervisors, practitioners and students who are committed to quality teaching and learning in the fields of social work, welfare work, and community development
- Open access to Advances in Social Work and Welfare Education, the journal of ANZSWWER
- Be eligible for ANZSWWER awards.
- Special events such professional development workshops e.g. writing for publication and international speakers such as Jan Fook
- Discounts for international and national conferences.
ANZSWWER relies on the support of institutional and individual memberships to publish the journal, hold annual symposiums, grant awards and ensure an independent voice in education. We cannot do it without you. Be part of this growing group of progressive colleagues who work together to tackle the issues and interests of social work and social welfare. Join today.
For more information
Please send any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
c/o School of Human Services and Social Work
Griffith University, Gold Coast Campus
Southport QLD 4222